Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **New Enquiry** | First Build

Hi all

my first post here. Bought few things long time ago but some how never poped in to say hi on the forum. Spent last night good 3-4 hours reading your crazy posts and i love it
    So i was always wanted to build my own rig and thought to try what i can come up with if i choose my own parts here is what i come up with.
    I do think this is really good parts and a build for the money and even better rig then some of your gladiator rigs
    https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/ONPeGtwiB60GSO2Ppgivug,,
    If you think that some parts can be changed to make it cheaper please do but i do want to keep the tower i just Love the tower has so much cooling options and its great at airflow plus you can add 2 radiators
    Also tomorrow is Black Friday so the price might fall from the rig i built

best regards

Rig spec soon to come...

welcome

first glance, ditch that SSD and go Samsung EVO - larger size as well as clearly budget doesn't seem much of an issue

DT.
    Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
    Forum Guidelines here

Comment

i was hoping for 1k but because of the VAT i gone a bit over

Rig spec soon to come...

Comment

Firstly, welcome Glad you enjoyed reading up on some of the debauchery on some (read: most) of the posts, there's a good bunch of people that frequent these forums!

Secondly, I'm no build expert but I'm sure some of the other, more tech-savvy members will be able to make some recommendations for you!

One recommendation I would make is to maybe swap the Chronos SSD for an Evo drive for essentially the same cash - https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Stor...roductId=56764 AND it's on superspecial atm

Also, you haven't listed an OS or any peripherals, do you have all of those already?
        GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (1150 Socket) ATX Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz (Devil's Canyon) MSi TwinFrozr 970 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz Corsair AX760i PSU

Comment

i do have keyboard and mouse and i use my LG tv as a monitor lol but i do have LG monitor not the best but it will do. With Windows i love win7 but i've read that playing games some times is best to have win8 even tho i hate how it looks :S

Edit: List updated

Rig spec soon to come...

Comment

I'd personally stick with Win7. Also, buy it now because the price isn't ever going to drop again!

Some people love 8, but I, any many of the other forum users, don't!

Apparently, it isn't so bad if you run it in 'original' mode as it runs just like win7. But if you're going to do that, you may as well just run Win7 anyway
            GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 (1150 Socket) ATX Intel i5-4690 3.5GHz (Devil's Canyon) MSi TwinFrozr 970 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz Corsair AX760i PSU

Comment

what about other components? can any one suggest some cheaper parts.

Rig spec soon to come...

Comment

Haven't said hi yet - welcome to the forums. Looks like a nice budget! I'm not sure an i7 is really necessary if this is a gaming build... if you're going to be doing lots of video encoding and stuff it almost might be worth going for X99 + an i7 5820K, then you get 6 true physical cores and no graphics nonsense on your CPU. However, I've gone for this...

Just made a few small changes, but a bigger SSD for you and a PSU made by Seasonic (but rebadged as XFX, with a really good 5 year warranty and loads of connectors). This motherboard is also quite a bit cheaper, plus there's a cashback deal AND you can update i.e. exchange your board with Broadwell too, at least that's my understanding. Slightly cheaper but newer and more premium case, which Bit-Tech reviewed this week. Slightly cheaper RAM, slightly different GPU but these are all just tweaks essentially, your build really was not bad at all - the fundamental component choices were strong, well done!
                Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
                Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

thanks for the reply. From what i can see the build you made is nice but mine would only cost 100 more on top of yours so there is not much more. Oh i forgot to mantion that i wanted rig in red. I'm sorry for being so demanding but i appriciate your input would you mind sending the link for your build so i can see it and save it in mine for the future or tomorrow when i get paid and might buy it as its black friday

best regards

Rig spec soon to come...

Comment

updated: https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/WKKYmr5LigUIT5leajJGkw,,
                    added different graphic card as it is much quieter and much better performance
                    Last edited by GenesisGFX; 29-11-14, 14:10.

Rig spec soon to come...

Comment

I missed this one because it wasn't in the Build Advice section, sorry.

Have you bought all the bits ? or are still open to suggestions, but have a revised budget ?

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                      - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

nope still open for suggestions

Rig spec soon to come...

Comment

ok, i'll take a peek, likely be a bit different to waht your looking at there, i can see a couple of places that could be adjusted

Nick's suggestion of the i5 is a pretty good one, do you plan on doing any overclocking ?

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"

Comment

here's a first stab at it.....

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/U2y3BCFWtQXZTJvE6P1uAQ,,

i'm kinda dying right now will come back later to go through the parts
                            Last edited by Gunslinger; 04-01-15, 18:55.

Comment

ok, lets see.....

First, my target was the 1000 mark, if you don't mind running over a little bit, i suspect a couple of extra fans, and perhaps a modular PSU might be the way to go.

Now for the parts:

CASE - Swapped this for a slightly cheaper one, kept your RED theme, has some nice features and should be able to cope just fin with airflow, like i said perhaps an extra fan or 2 would not go amiss, it has a number of options. It's also not 1/10th of your budget, which the previous one was !
                              CPU - Kept the one you wanted, but, if not overclocking, then the E3 Xeon might be worth looking at, and if you don't need the power of the i7 then as Nick suggested, the i5 would likely suit you well.
                              Motherboard - Firstly, yup.... its red, that's for sure lol, the Asus ROG stuff tends to be very expensive, some nice features, but worth the extra? i'm not sure, this one has pretty much all the same features and is well designed and reviews well.
                              RAM - 8GB of RipJaw memory, main thing is timings and it's RED !! and you can grab a second set later to boost to 16gb should ou wish.
                              CPU Cooler - ok, i went budget here, and it's another area you could look to improve on, the CPU has a TDP of 88w and the cooler can cope with 130w TDP - however, it is right on the edge of only just fitting, a couple of mm bigger and it would not fit, if say you want to go to one of the bigger BeQuiet Coolers, then you'd need to look at changing the case for something with a little more room, like the Sharkoon Bulldozer (which also comes in a Red LED version!)
                              DVDRW - Swapped for the LG one that has M-Disc support
                              GPU - I swapped this for the similar but slightly more compact EVGA FTW model, it's the same price as the gigabyte but has very slightly higher clock speeds and is backed by EVGA's usually good warranty, that said, the Gigabyte Windforce G1 is no slouch, and i was well impressed with the temps of a windforce GTX770 i used in a system, plus it was nice and quiet
                              HDD - Same as you had selected
                              SSD - Swapped for the newer 850 Evo
                              PSU - For single card use, i think you over killed it at 850w, Nick dropped it back to the very capable XFX 750w but i think for a single card, 650 should be more than fine, if looking away form the gold rated range, and at bronze, then BeQuiet make some nice models that have a 50w extra peak overhead built in, but the rated wattage you see is what it will do in continuous use, such as This One or This One
                              The only thing with the one i've selected, is it's not modular, so your going to have to work a little harder to make things tidy

ok, hopefully that'll give you some ideas
                              Last edited by Gunslinger; 04-01-15, 19:15. Reason: typo's

Comment

Working...
                              X