Need a bit of expert advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Resolved** | Need a bit of expert advice

Ive got this lot in my shopping cart ready for purchase but just wanted to make sure all the bits are compatible, specially the I5 with the motherboard as i keep reading about bios updates on some motherboards with the I5 and i wouldn't have a clue how to do that..

also wondering if all the bits will fit into the case ive chosen. screw holes in the right place for the motherboard, that sort of thing.

Anyway, here is the list..

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz (Devil's Canyon) Socket LGA1150 Processor

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 ATX Motherboard

8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Dual Channel Kit

BitFenix Comrade Midi-Tower - Black

1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive

LiteOn 24x Internal SATA DVD RW Drive

EVGA 500W 80 Plus Power Supply (100-W1-0500-KR)

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X Boost OC AMD Graphics Card 2GB

All this will be running on windows 8.1

Thanks..

This one looks like it slipped through the cracks so to speak, and none of us saw it, this sometimes happens in here, i forget to look outside the build request section sometimes.

As for your list of parts above, the i5 and motherboard should be fine, the Z97 boards were designed with the haswell refresh CPU's (devils canyon) in mind, so should not suffer the required BIOS updates the earlier Z87 chipset boards needed.
    If you want however, i am sure you could request Aria updates the BIOS before shipping, there may or may not be a small charge for this, i don't know, most board manufacturers would say as soon as you build the pc to update the bios.

The comrade case is ok, but beware of uber long graphics cards in there, can't remember if it was that one or the Neo that caused an issue once with a long card.

The PSU is ok, but the Superflower 550w Gold rated model is probably worth looking at as an alternative, and with a little more power.
    The rest of the list doesn't look so bad, what sort of budget are you looking at?

I'd recommend an SSD in there though

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
    - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

Interesting question....... your not sure about updating the bios, but you have a K model CPU and Z based motherboard... are you planning on overclocking ?? if not, you may be paying a bit of a premium for components that can be overclocked, but then not utilising that feature/option

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"

Comment

Bump..... still need help with this ?

Comment

Marking as resolved as OP hasn't been on since November.
          Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
          Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
          X