No announcement yet.

postage cost on small item ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **New Enquiry** | postage cost on small item ?

Oreder no EC1506238
    hi ive just ordered a cpu this weekend & have no complaints of the price of the item ordered but you have charged me 10.74 delivery on such a small item as a cpu & fan which i feel is way too much & was more than suggested when i placed the order.
    Could you please look into this.
    Thank You.

What was the item code and what delivery options did you choose?

Comment

Originally posted by Saldash View Post
      What was the item code and what delivery options did you choose?
      the item code was stock code 49755 or CPU-IVYI5-3570K & the only delivery option was the one i took (other than collection).
      thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie11 View Post
        the item code was stock code 49755 or CPU-IVYI5-3570K & the only delivery option was the one i took (other than collection).
        thanks.
        Sounds like a standard delivery with specified times, but I don't get those options when I checkout - only Saturday or Standard.
        One of the sales guys will need to have a look tomorrow to check the delivery options, 10.74 sounds like a delivery cost I've encountered here before, but I'm not 100% on that.

Comment

Google Checkout ?
          Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
            Google Checkout ?
            dont understand ??

i checked out normally paying by c/c

ps there was no requested time delivery either.

Comment

When you pay using Google checkout, sometimes when you get to the checkout postage options change from using the aria payment provider, that's used to be the case and is why I asked
              Forum Guidelines here

Comment

When you pay using Google checkout, sometimes when you get to the checkout postage options change from using the aria payment provider, that's used to be the case and is why I asked
                no i just checked out normally, i find 10+ postage on such a small item to be excessive & was hoping i would get a bit of help on here sorting it out.
                thanks.

Comment

I'd advise calling customer care, be nice, polite and explain how you overlooked the cost of shipping at the cart stage.

I've just attempted to buy using the green checkout button, didn't get a 10.74 delivery option on any of the choices.

Out of curiousity - was it being shipped to NI and was is mainland?

Either way, call the customer care line with any queries you may have, you'll get more immediate answer then from a member of staff.

DT.
                  Forum Guidelines here

Comment

I'd advise calling customer care, be nice, polite and explain how you overlooked the cost of shipping at the cart stage.

I've just attempted to buy using the green checkout button, didn't get a 10.74 delivery option on any of the choices.

Out of curiousity - was it being shipped to NI and was is mainland?

Either way, call the customer care line with any queries you may have, you'll get more immediate answer then from a member of staff.

DT.
                    hi, its the intel 3570k cpu & the postage charge is 8.95 plus vat (just had a look to check)

Comment

even when not logged in, I see 6.95 on both the stock price and the super special

With a heatsink included as it's retail, it's not that small an item and hence is sent courier and not Royal Mail that some (few) items are sent, with insurance as well.

Not sure why you see 8.95 and not the 6.95 I see, hence why I asked where you are.

DT.
                      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

even when not logged in, I see 6.95 on both the stock price and the super special

With a heatsink included as it's retail, it's not that small an item and hence is sent courier and not Royal Mail that some (few) items are sent, with insurance as well.

Not sure why you see 8.95 and not the 6.95 I see, hence why I asked where you are.

DT.
                        no im in yorkshire or as its now called "le yorkshire"
                        heres a copy of a new order with the same delivery charges ???

Shopping Basket
                        |
                        Address
                        |
                        Delivery Details
                        |
                        Payment & Confirmation
                        |
                        Complete
                        |

Remove Qty. Product Name Quickcode Price (exc. VAT) Line total
                        Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivy Bridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail #49755 119.95 119.95
                        (click if you have changed any details)
                        Financial options:
                        Spend 156.06 or more for finance options.
                        Basket Total 119.95
                        Approx. Delivery 8.95
                        VAT 25.78
                        Total 154.68

What is Counter Collect?

- OR -

Quick and secure checkout
                        - OR -
                        Notice:
                        The Counter Collect option is not available for Super Specials and Web only products.
                        These products are marked as . If you like to proceed with Counter Collect, please remove these products from your shopping basket.

Comment

ah, there's the difference, add the normal price one, not the super special and it's 6.95 delivery

super special still works out cheaper though
                          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Working...
                          X