No announcement yet.

Non reference 290/290x eta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **New Enquiry** | Non reference 290/290x eta?

Hi there been with aria for a while, am holding out for a saphire 290x trix or direct cu II. Do you guys have any idea when your getting stock? Im hearing possible towards the end of this month. Cheers

the guys are getting them in as soon as they can stotty, i want one too
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
      the guys are getting them in as soon as they can stotty, i want one too
      I'd get reference one marsey an slap waterblock on it

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

not 100% sold on the idea of watercooling both tbh dude.

lot of cash for a gpu block which has very little resale value you know.

rather pay a little more upfront for a card with good cooling and better chances of resale.

plus i aint 100% that my little loop would cool a hot cpu and hot gpu at the same time, nor do i think the pump would hold up if i was to add another rad and block to it you know.
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

You'll be surprised what your loop can handle, I've got the 4770K an 290 heavy overclocked on just a 240 rad at the present

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

it is my pump i do not trust dude, v4 jobbie is a cheapo one you know. i am waiting to see how seb fares swapping the one out of his bay to see if will do the same or if i will just a get a new pump and res, idk.
            Plato

Comment

Realy can't wait for these cards. Very supprised that after market keeps them below 70c under load. Had a look around for a descent block that covers everything but havn't been able to find one that is full coverage. Or even one that takes a fixed loop (muppet proof) ><

Comment

Wondering as 290x's (non reference) seem to be appearing is it possible to pre-order them from aria?

Comment

With something like this I'd probably advise calling them..
                  http://steamcommunity.com/id/smellyferret

Comment

Ordered the msi gaming 290x. No tracker code today so assuming will be sent out tomorr/thursday to arrive Fri. Will update when i get it. Lot of people weighing in on the 290x msi gaming over on overclockers. Opinions seem to be that the gaming is slightly hotter than saphire trix only 1-3oc though on average. All posters that ive seen so far have gotten hynix memory so far (not saying you do/will but so far so good). To me if u give up only1-3oc u get : 1) A whole year extra over the saphire warrenty 2) A card that is considerably shorter than the Saphire 290x. 3) A backplate ( lov backplates ) and yes the 290 and 290x comes with a backplate. Highly recommend the msi over the saphire.

Comment

The price of the MSI 290x cannot be right?

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Stotty View Post
                        Ordered the msi gaming 290x. No tracker code today so assuming will be sent out tomorr/thursday to arrive Fri. Will update when i get it. Lot of people weighing in on the 290x msi gaming over on overclockers. Opinions seem to be that the gaming is slightly hotter than saphire trix only 1-3oc though on average. All posters that ive seen so far have gotten hynix memory so far (not saying you do/will but so far so good). To me if u give up only1-3oc u get : 1) A whole year extra over the saphire warrenty 2) A card that is considerably shorter than the Saphire 290x. 3) A backplate ( lov backplates ) and yes the 290 and 290x comes with a backplate. Highly recommend the msi over the saphire.
                        got booked in late at 530pm so will leave tomorrow and be with you Friday. PM me your order number if you want and i'll make sure it goes.

Also good call on the MSI twin FrozR, the Sapphire although nice and cold for gaming under mining is LOUD! I guess x3 small fans are always going to create some noise.
                        Originally posted by Aaron
                        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                          got booked in late at 530pm so will leave tomorrow and be with you Friday. PM me your order number if you want and i'll make sure it goes.

Also good call on the MSI twin FrozR, the Sapphire although nice and cold for gaming under mining is LOUD! I guess x3 small fans are always going to create some noise.
                          Sorry to hijack the thread ^_^ but when will the MSI 290 (non x) be in stock ?

Comment

none x 290's due today
                            Originally posted by Aaron
                            I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                              none x 290's due today
                              Great! I shall be ringing the establishment today then

Comment

Working...
                              X