Pixel Check service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Resolved** | Pixel Check service

I just received my Dell U2412M back and had a pixel service check on it, luckily I got it for free because of issues with stock and no email about it. Now I thought great a new monitor coming back to me with no dead/stuck pixels but alas on first day of inspection (yesterday) I found 2 stuck pixels straight away, I cannot be bothered to send it back because it's way too much hassle and I don't want to be without a monitor again and I'll live with them to be honest since on 1920x1200 res it's hard to see unless up really close but still for a service free or not should not allow this, what methods do they take to check? I'm happy with the monitor don't get me wrong and this time I'm not letting it bother me but still, it's a little bit annoying, if I had paid for the service then this would be a little different
    Last edited by RawZ; 06-02-13, 10:27.

Although it's less common, pixels can get stuck at any time, not just at the point of manufacture. The pixel check ensures there are no stuck pixels when it leaves the warehouse, and I think it also means that you get some sort of protection should you want to send it back for that reason too (wait for someone from Aria to confirm though..) - normally you can't do that just because of a stuck pixel

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      Although it's less common, pixels can get stuck at any time, not just at the point of manufacture. The pixel check ensures there are no stuck pixels when it leaves the warehouse, and I think it also means that you get some sort of protection should you want to send it back for that reason too (wait for someone from Aria to confirm though..) - normally you can't do that just because of a stuck pixel
      True, but from their warehouse/service point to me I can't see two suddenly evolving. With the ultrasharp series they actually allow 1 bright/stuck pixel which is pretty crazy considering most companies only allow 6 for instance, either way though I'm not being nasty or horrible just you know if someone paid for it they'd be annoyed

Comment

Dell have a great RMA service, you will get a new one delivered before it gets taken away
        Play3r | News, Reviews & Competitions

Comment

Working...
        X