Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Bytes rewards and super specials are not rewards or very special!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **New Enquiry** | When Bytes rewards and super specials are not rewards or very special!!!!!!

Can someone please tell me why when you order components online with ARIA that have bonus bytes attached to them, i.e a hard drive giving 100 bytes that the delivery costs suddenly go up in price yet if you remove the hard drive with 100 bytes for one without bytes, the delivery cost price suddenly drops???

I was under the impression the Bytes scheme was a loyalty reward.

I was in the process of ordering some hardware with 2 of the items having 100 bytes each but delivery was 9.95 ex VAT. When I replaced the items like for like but with no bytes, the delivery drops to 7.95 ex VAT..

Also when I add Windows 8 PRO Upgrade that is on super special (2 cheaper) the delivery price goes up by 2..!!!

Its not a weight issue either. If you add Windows 7 the delivery cost stays at 7.95

I don't work for Aria, but could you post links or quickcodes to the affected products ?

That may help staff when they read this thread
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

i dont know how it works but i remember wee whil back i ordered 2 sticks of ram and it was the same delivery charge as what it was when i order the case, mobo, cpu etc i guess its arias way of makin a few extra bucks from buyers regardless of weight. i work for a large delivery company and i know they could have 1 parcel upto 25kg in weight delivered for 4.95 next day dlivery. obv you have to allow for packaging etc but im sure a large company like aria already has dicounts for multiple deliverys each day.

Comment

Pretty sure it's just because the products are super special. SS delivery prices are 9.95 and normal delivery prices are 7.95.
        i7 950 @4GHz | 460 | 520 | 12Gb Mushkin RAM | H60 | Crucial M4 128gb | OCZ Onyx 240gb | Asus P6X58D-E | Asus Xonar D2X | R.A.T 9 Mouse | Corsair 1KW | LG BLu-ray Reader

Originally posted by Simon1987
        I need to start spreading some reputation around just so I can +/- 0 you later.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullen View Post
          Pretty sure it's just because the products are super special. SS delivery prices are 9.95 and normal delivery prices are 7.95.

Nope nothing to do with that... Makes no difference at all if its SS.. Just added a 1TB HDD which is SS and delivery is 7.95

Comment

I think it's to do with how many items are in your basket, perhaps the 'bytes' count as an item...

Comment

I'm guessing that as you get 1 byte per pound, the bonus bytes count as imaginary pounds, which pushes you up an imaginary cliff, but charges you real postage.
              PC: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI, 2 x 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz, XFX 7870 LE.
              Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 - IntelCore i5 2520M @ 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM

Comment

Working...
              X