Kingston KHX1600C9D3K3/12GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston KHX1600C9D3K3/12GX

Can you get some of the above in by Friday?

a big pretty please to go with the I7 950 in my basket (as long as you havent sold out by then!) ?
    Gillybean
    Asus P6X58D-E, I7 950
    12gb DDR3 Hyperx
    Nvidia 460 GTX 2gb
    1 x Thermaltake Frio - cool cool ice cool!!

Hi Gillybean

you going for I7 950 and not sandybridge? Read your intro post about doing digital art ect, sandybridge would be better for you and future proofed as the I7 950 is an old dead socket now really.

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...I7+%281155%29/

cost a tad more but worth it as it will save you money in the future

Comment

Originally posted by gray.woodford View Post
      Hi Gillybean

you going for I7 950 and not sandybridge? Read your intro post about doing digital art ect, sandybridge would be better for you and future proofed as the I7 950 is an old dead socket now really.

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...I7+%281155%29/

cost a tad more but worth it as it will save you money in the future
      thanks Gray but its a differant socket isn't it?
      Gillybean
      Asus P6X58D-E, I7 950
      12gb DDR3 Hyperx
      Nvidia 460 GTX 2gb

Comment

yeah it is, this is getting confusing over 2 threads.lol

Comment

Those are good stuffs. I have exactly the same model four 2GB stick, work extremely well. These 1600 RAM can do 1800MHz easily prime stable at stock voltage. my motherboard is restricted to 1800, couldn't try to see if it can go beyond that.
          CPU: 4670K | CPU COOLER: NH-D14 | MOBO: MSI Z87M-G43 |RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB | GPU: HD4600 | SSD/HDD: Crucial M4 128GB + WD Black 750GB | CASE: Bitfenix Outlaw | PSU: CM Silent Pro Gold 700W | OS: Win7Prox64

Comment

Originally posted by superlattice09 View Post
            Those are good stuffs. I have exactly the same model four 2GB stick, work extremely well. These 1600 RAM can do 1800MHz easily prime stable at stock voltage. my motherboard is restricted to 1800, couldn't try to see if it can go beyond that.
            Thanks superlattice, its the only 12gb config that is supported by Asus, so as i cant afford to experiment with other manufactures I thought I'd stay with these. I did want to try OCZ's and then found out that they dont work with the Asus board at all.
            Gillybean
            Asus P6X58D-E, I7 950
            12gb DDR3 Hyperx
            Nvidia 460 GTX 2gb

Comment

Originally posted by gillybean View Post
              Thanks superlattice, its the only 12gb config that is supported by Asus, so as i cant afford to experiment with other manufactures I thought I'd stay with these. I did want to try OCZ's and then found out that they dont work with the Asus board at all.
              Actually those not listed to be supported by the mobo does not necessarily mean it will definitely not working. Just that if it doesn't work, you can't say it's faulty.

The kingston is still a good choice imo and my experience. In fact you can get 3x (2x2)GB kit of the C9D3K3/4G, it would still work trichannel. I think that's what they might send you anyway. Unless you are going for 4gb stick, then probably best to get it as a kit.

I ordered a (2x4)gb mushkin kit yesterday, now I'm don't know what to do with my 2x (2x2)gb kingston. I'll try to get another pair of ridgeback if it fits the budget (i.e. need to sell my kingston), otherwise I'll try to use them together to get 12gb, so 2x4gb sticks of mushkin + 2x2gb sticks of kingston.
              CPU: 4670K | CPU COOLER: NH-D14 | MOBO: MSI Z87M-G43 |RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB | GPU: HD4600 | SSD/HDD: Crucial M4 128GB + WD Black 750GB | CASE: Bitfenix Outlaw | PSU: CM Silent Pro Gold 700W | OS: Win7Prox64

Comment

Originally posted by superlattice09 View Post
                Actually those not listed to be supported by the mobo does not necessarily mean it will definitely not working. Just that if it doesn't work, you can't say it's faulty.
                Yeah I know but im not in a position where I can risk it. And i cant be arsed with the struggle that ensuses after when you're trying to get replacements lol.

I want to go 4gb sticks so I can go the full 24gb later.
                Gillybean
                Asus P6X58D-E, I7 950
                12gb DDR3 Hyperx
                Nvidia 460 GTX 2gb

Comment

Working...
                X