No OS option for laptops/netbooks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No OS option for laptops/netbooks

Is it possible either by selecting via the website (would need implementing) or asking sales if we can order a laptop/netbook without Windows.

I am in the market for a small laptop but wish to load Ubuntu onto it and don't want to pay the windows tax when i won't use it.

It's the main problem i have with buying one almost nowhere let's you do it apart from a competitor i refuse to use....but may end up having to.
    GamingOnLinux.com - The number 1 Linux gaming community

Originally posted by Mr Banana View Post
    Is it possible either by selecting via the website (would need implementing) or asking sales if we can order a laptop/netbook without Windows.

I am in the market for a small laptop but wish to load Ubuntu onto it and don't want to pay the windows tax when i won't use it.

It's the main problem i have with buying one almost nowhere let's you do it apart from a competitor i refuse to use....but may end up having to.
    I think its been written about somewhere that you can claim back from MS if you dont agree to the EULA and can claim something back ...will have a dig around..

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2009...r-free-choice/
    Last edited by joker3327; 29-10-10, 15:36. Reason: have a read....
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

good luck with that...

BTW Banana, the competitor you refuse to use now has such a pathetic selection of laptops, it's not even a choice anyway...
      Incoming: Ryzen 5 1600:: GA-AB350-Gaming 3:: <some other stuff>
      Outgoing: BLACK 'n' BLUE: X3360:: P5Q-E::4GB Ballistix::2x6850::Zalman GS1000 Plus case

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Banana View Post

In general it's not down to us, it's down to agreements that MS have in place with manufacturers; we don't get the laptops/netbooks and add a copy of windows, they come with them. Basically MS 'persuade' the manufacturers to fall in line.

Comment

Working...
        X