e-SATA/FW800x2/FW400/USB Hard Drive Docking Station from Newertech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-SATA/FW800x2/FW400/USB Hard Drive Docking Station from Newertech

Hi there, I'm a keen and proselytising fan of Aria, and I've a few suggestions for you.

For us Mac users who are after a quality Docking Station for raw external HDDs (2.5" and 3.5" SATA) that has a fast connection, our best interface option is Firewire, preferably the blazingly fast FW800.

(USB 3.0 is infamously ill-catered for on the Mac: a lacuna which has often been discussed both on and off of the Apple website. Apple doesn't fit USB 3.0 ports in any Macs, so you need to purchase a third-party USB 3.0 card. Even that's impossible with most Mac laptops, since Apple infuriatingly swapped its Express Card slot for a consumer-friendly SD-card slot, in every portable except but the 17" MacBookPro.)

To the rescue rides the highly-regarded American maker of Mac upgrades and accessories, Newertech. Their quad-interface Voyager Q has garnered justifiedly rave reviews. I've been using one for a few months and swear by it. A very solid piece of kit, which has consistently mounted drives which my cheaper SATA-USB adapters sometimes wouldn't play nice with. It's currently only available from two UK suppliers. Wonder if you might consider adding yourself to the list? (And no, I don't work for them!)
    Aria Forums newbie Long-time Mac user Documentary Filmmaker Writer Cultural & Political Events Organiser Gearing up for a new MacBookPro
    http://www.palash.tv
Working...
X