• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone TJ07 and XFX

Love that case, also more of the XFX 6XXX
    MY INTERNET IS BETTER THAN YOURS

PROJECT:Temjin-M

XFX = FAIL
    AMD X2 550 @ 3.8GHz - - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO - - ASUS 5770 - - 6GB RAM - - 250GB WD (OS), 1TB Samsung F3, 1TB Hitachi.

Comment

Originally posted by AmdOverclocker View Post
      XFX = FAIL
      How very clear.

To explain better, aria has had a very high return rate of faulty XFX cards recently and so they are more reluctant to stock them.

Other manufacturers seem to make better quality graphics cards.

XFX's PSU's on the other hand seem to be quite good as they are re-branded seasonics.

I really like that case too. Its brilliant for watercooling.
      Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
      Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
        How very clear.

To explain better, aria has had a very high return rate of faulty XFX cards recently and so they are more reluctant to stock them.

Other manufacturers seem to make better quality graphics cards.

XFX's PSU's on the other hand seem to be quite good as they are re-branded seasonics.

I really like that case too. Its brilliant for watercooling.

so yes, XFX= FAIL

their PSU's are great, especially the 750/850w as they are 80+ silver and have very low noise/ripple and good voltage regulation, they cheaped out on the 650w version though. but yeah, there psu's are great but, again,

XFX (graphics at least) = FAIL
        AMD X2 550 @ 3.8GHz - - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO - - ASUS 5770 - - 6GB RAM - - 250GB WD (OS), 1TB Samsung F3, 1TB Hitachi.

Comment

Originally posted by AmdOverclocker View Post
          they cheaped out on the 650w version though.
          I use the 650W and its not too bad.

Yes it is only 80+ Bronze but thatv's better than some XD.

Also 52A on the single +12v rail isn't too bad.

I may replace it at some point but for me its fine.
          Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
          Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
            I use the 650W and its not too bad.

Yes it is only 80+ Bronze but thatv's better than some XD.

Also 52A on the single +12v rail isn't too bad.

I may replace it at some point but for me its fine.

sorry, i didn't mean its bad, i just meant its not the same efficency as the 750+ units as they used cheaper components i think, the ripple/noise/voltage reg. isnt as good, but nonetheless still an awesome PSU

Comment

Xfx are definitely a fail.... anyone want to buy my 4880... its a slower than normal 4890. So that means I will never buy another xfx product again.

Comment

Working...
              X