Laptops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptops

I wish you would sell more laptops, at the moment I can only find 2 on the Aria site, and what I am looking for would be between these two.

Dell Latitude C600: 850 MHz is too slow and it has too little RAM and hard disk

Digimate M-3616: has a wireless connection, which I prefer to avoid.

Yeah but its very easy to disable the wireless connection.

But i think its worth having the possibility of Wireless for the future.

Better than having a USB or PCMIA sticking out of your laptop.

Comment

Laptops are defo an area we need to expand on, now that the superbly priced digimate stock is drying up!

Asus and Sony have both been in to see us regarding their notebooks for the high end stuff... Also Acer wish to list on our site their current lines...

If there are any other lines of laptops you wish to see, like Fujitsu Seimens etc, let us know - More than happy to accomodate!

Were looking at having a very vibrant laptop lineup by the end of July stoke early August.. the best on the web no doubt

Im quite exited about acer tbh, some mega deals to be had! Their lines change so often though, never have the same laptop online for more than a few days.. Crazy!

For now though, the M3616 should meet most of todays demands at a cracking price, and Belso is right - Wireless and be totaly turned off in the bios, always handy to have tho! Think of the airport, starbucks, even McDonalds have Wifi spots now! NUTS

Comment

Evesham & Dell laptops are pretty good.

Sony's are just too expensive.

Comment

Ive only got good things to say about Acer Laptops from my limited experience of them.
          Si vis Pacem, Para bellum...

Comment

I have an Acer laptop. Had it for nearly 2 years now I think. Its an A643000+ Aspire 1511LMi. As far as price and internal bits go, you cant go wrong. Build quality leaves a bit to be desired, but it does the job - as I said, for the price, they are really good.

Originally posted by coiler
            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

May I suggest that when you add more laptops into the Aria website, have plenty with Windows XP Professional rather than XP Home. If I buy a PC/laptop with XP preinstalled, I only want the Pro version, as the Home verison is too limited for my needs.

Comment

Could you not make it so you have the option of an OS, I'm a student and so can get MS XP Professional through the MS Academic Alliance free of charge, it would bring the price of laptops down (by about 80 ish?) and if you were the only site that did this with a footnote high lighting this to students poss even a link to the MSAA............

who knows how many students from unis accross england would start buying the machines from here!

I noticed you all ready have a student dicount but its only for sales over the counter, can you not have an area where you type NUS card number in and get the discount on line too?
                The only two tools you will ever need
                If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct Tape
                If it doesn't move and should - WD40

Comment

Also a good option would be to have laptops without an OS so that the user could install Linux, or maybe have a laptop preinstalled with Linux.

Comment

Re:

[quote:7db8e1e734=\"Avoura\"]Also a good option would be to have laptops without an OS so that the user could install Linux, or maybe have a laptop preinstalled with Linux.[/quote:7db8e1e734]

I know what you mean, I havn't conviced myself to get a Laptop yet but yeah I would stick Linux on it.

Having said that I would probably go for a dual boot, or maybe have winblows running Via VMWare

Comment

Good call about the OS. I currently have Suse dual booted with Windows.

8)

Comment

Re:

[quote:d2b7a2080d=\"Belso\"]Good call about the OS. I currently have Suse dual booted with Windows.

8)[/quote:d2b7a2080d]

I used to really Like Suse

I use Linux from Scratch these days ( well Hardend LFS )

takes a while to get it all installed, as you compile it from source, but does give you more contol over what you have installed and gives a great overview.

Might have to play about with a new Disto tho, might find some bells and whistles that I just have to have

Comment

Lemme know what you find mate.

I did use Mandrake for a while but i found Suse alot easier to use

Comment

I've been looking for a laptop for a few days now, to replace the one my girlfriend has. Her Acer laptop broke and the company we bought it from just gave her a refund, so we're after another with a 360 budget.

Sadly there's nothing much on the aria website
                            Gaming Rig: C2D E8400 @ 3.85GHz : Biostar TPower I45 : 4GB of something, I forget what : 4870 512MB DDR5 : X-Fi
                            Media Rig: C2D E2160@ 1.86GHz : 2GB PC5300 : Palit 8800GTS 320MB : SB Audigy 2

Comment

did anyone mention sony?
                              PROFESSIONAL BESPOKE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES & OUTSOURCING http://www.vivitech.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X