• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux

how about some linux box sets
    ie mandriva or and suse
    just a thought!!!

Problem would be providing back up , get a barebone and whack Linspire on it
    ,besides unless you really like tinkering with your system and getting things to work , youd be better off with XP, its so much easier to use , have a decent av, and firewall and ad aware programme you cant really go wrong.

Ive tried Linspire and Ubutnu and as much as they are fine , in the end i still Like XP but thats me

Comment

Linux box sets

If you look on Aria's Web site under super specials you will find a system with SUSE linux installed. Fully upgradeale too!

EPC Intel Celeron System + 19\" TFT ***Fully Built and Configured*** Celeron D315, 256Mb, 40Gb, CD, Lan, 6 x USB, Keyboard, Mouse, Linux,

253.95 exc, 298.39

Comment

Re: Linux box sets

[quote:13de9bccd4=\"Excellor8\"] If you look on Aria's Web site under super specials you will find a system with SUSE linux installed. Fully upgradeale too!

EPC Intel Celeron System + 19\" TFT ***Fully Built and Configured*** Celeron D315, 256Mb, 40Gb, CD, Lan, 6 x USB, Keyboard, Mouse, Linux,

253.95 exc, 298.39[/quote:13de9bccd4]

I think g7syj is after the Cardboard type of box and not a fully built Linux box

Comment

Linux

:shock: :!: hmm, i will have to buy mindreader v1.1 to point me in the right direction :roll:

Comment

[Removed at the request of the author]

Comment

linux

Think it will take more than that to work out a womens mind hehe

Comment

Re: linux

[quote:5c42429aee=\"Excellor8\"] Think it will take more than that to work out a womens mind hehe[/quote:5c42429aee]

if all the computers in the world were clustered together and running MindReader v1.1 for the entire rest of time and asked to work out the mind of one woman, the best answer they would come up with would probably be \"42\"...

Comment

a little bit of linux wouldn't go wrong, some box sets and other compatilbe software

Comment

Why Not?

I for one would like to see the Linux operating system available to buy from aria instead of having to buy a dodgy one from ebay - (they currently do not distribute these to UK however they are available to download - but registered distributers are able to sell these CDs. If Aria becomes a licensed distributer i would love to buy linux products through them as i know they offer competitive prices. Linspire is currently one of the commercial versions of Linux available. Unlike the open source Linux versions such Ubuntu and Freespire

On top of that Linux is a fraction of the cost of Microsoft products, and ive found that they can do nearly everything a Microsoft OS can do and it supports Microsoft Media such as Doc files etc.

This thread has two purposes, one is to promote Linux products and another is to motivate Aria to realise that as loyal customers, we would like to see Linux products available to purchase so that people can benefit from the low costs and savings made from them in the UK like people benefit from it in America.

For reference ive made a poll to see how many people feel the same. I would appreciate if you can give your opinion and also click on your option. The more people that give there opinion it will give Aria the initiative to consider distribituting Linux software for the Wide audience of Linux customers
                    PROFESSIONAL BESPOKE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES & OUTSOURCING http://www.vivitech.co.uk/

Comment

Why pay? good linux is free, all you need to do is find a site with a good download speed and in an hour to two, you have linux, i reccomend linux magazine if you want linux without the downloads.

Comment

or go to the ubuntu homepage and get them to send you a bunch of cds for free! hell, gimme your address and I'll send you one!!

Originally posted by coiler
                        Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
                        X