Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladiator A10-6800k HDMI issue

Hi,
    I have recently bought the Gladiator A10-6800 to replace my aging secondary PC; to which I have added an SSD and an old XFX Radeon 6670 2gb graphics card that I had.

Using my TV to initially set up the A10 I used an HDMI cable, which worked fine but when I came to set it up in place of the old PC I could no longer get a signal. So, at present, I have it set up using VGA to my monitor (LG M2380DF). This is not the end of the world but I would prefer to enjoy the HDMI that both the monitor and system can accomodate.

Therefore any suggestions to resolve the issue would be gratefully received.

Spec:
    • CPU: AMD (Richland) A10-6800K 4.10GHz (4.40GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 Quad-Core Unlocked Processor
    • Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon HD 8670D
    • RAM: 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory (64GB Supported)
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H (Socket FM2+) Micro ATX Motherboard
    • Audio: Onboard High Definition Audio
    • Case: BitFenix Comrade Midi-Tower Gaming Case
    • PSU: 500W Cooler Master 12V Elite Power 500 Power Supply
    • Optical Drive: LiteOn DVDRW Dual Layer DVD Rewriter (m-Disk Support) 24x DVD±R
    • Hard Drive: 1TB Seagate Hard Drive
    • SSD: Crucial® MX100 128GB SATA 2.5” 7mm
    • Discrete graphics: XFX AMD Radeon 6670 2GB GDDR3

Are you connecting the hdmi cable to the graphics card or motherboard? I know you can do that hybrid crossfire mode or whatever it is called but I don't know much about it and if you use the onboard outputs or the gtx card outputs.

I wonder if something like that is active.
    i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

Thanks for the interest.

I had connected the cable to the motherboard. AMD suggest using the higher number card (Integrated is 8670) as primary and to connect the monitor to that card, which in this case is the motherboard. This resulted in no signal to the monitor, but as I had set up via HDMI on my TV I presume that the cable is OK.

Comment

If you plug it into the card do you get an output?
        i7 2600K @ 4.5| Asrock Z68 Extreme4| 16GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix |AMD R9 290| 120GB SSD |Win7 64bit

Comment

I have a 5800k that I was running via hdmi, then came to test it vga and couldn't get an output. I had to reset the cmos to get it to display. I hope this helps pal.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

My son is now using the new PC so it will probably next weekend before I can get to look at it again; I'm normally too knackered after work!

Comment

The chances are that you will have to connect both to the GPU rather than the onboard solution. Onboard is disabled when a discrete card is detected, as there's usually little point in keeping it active when it's not being used. You know, all that power saving stuff.

If it doesn't work when both are plugged into the card, let us know. It could be something else too.
              ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Working...
              X