Announcement

Collapse

Password resets

See more
See less

GLADIATOR FX-Viper 6350 OC 4.40GHZ R9-270X Pro Gaming PC - Not Displaying on monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLADIATOR FX-Viper 6350 OC 4.40GHZ R9-270X Pro Gaming PC - Not Displaying on monitor

Hi,

I have just purchased this PC and went to install an operating system on it, I press the power button and it starts, there are no error beeps, the fans are going, all the lights are on but nothing displays on my monitor, I'm using the DVI/VGA converter and I've also tryed the HDMI cable but nothing displays on the monitor or my TV. It's too late to call technical support and I'm at a real loss as to what I should do next.

i would reset the cmos.
    Is my new Kingston flash drive on drugs?

i

Comment

I've taken the cmos battery out for 5 mins and replaced it but it is still having the same problems

Comment

does this mobo have the pins to short out to clear the cmos ?

i

Comment

it does, there is no jumper on the two pins

Comment

ok short the pins out

i

Comment

shorted them out, plugged the power back in and restarted, still no display and no error beeps

Comment

re-seat the ram.
                make sure everything is plugged in.

i

Comment

re-seated the RAM and ensured everything is plugged in but still not booting up

Comment

Sounds to me more like a monitor/display issue.... are there display outputs on the motherboard as well as the GPU that you could try?
                    --
                    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

need to speak to aria bud.

i

Comment

cheers, I think that's going to be the best solution

Comment

Does sound like a display issue more than anything. As spaceboy suggested, is it possible that you have plugged in the monitor to the motherboard, instead of the GPU? It sounds like a small thing but this is our #1 source of confusion in cases like this.

The motherboard's graphics ports will be aligned 'vertically' close to the USB ports, the ethernet port, etc etc on the back of the PC.

The connectors for the graphics card itself (which is what you need to be using) will be lower down on the 'tower', and aligned horizontally when the tower is stood upright.

The issue is that the motherboard can be configured in the BIOS to output graphics using either the (basic) graphics card built into the motherboard/CPU or using the (powerful) dedicated graphics card which is what makes it a gaming system. By default we obviously ship out systems with GPUs such that they are set to use the powerful GPU rather than the basic 'on-board' graphics. Don't be embarrased if it turns out this is the issue, we have this conversation CONSTANTLY, we're used to it. We're even considering sending out a diagram on how to connect up the PC to cover this issue.

Comment

the motherboard does not have onboard display.

i

Comment

Ah, bang goes that theory then. Was worth a go, as I said you'd be amazed how often we get that.

Comment

Working...
                              X