Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gladiator Juggernaut Query (faulty ram but out of 12 month system warranty)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladiator Juggernaut Query (faulty ram but out of 12 month system warranty)

Hi, I wonder if someone can help.

I had a Gladiator Juggernaut purchased for me in September 2012 ( http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/s...ystem_review/1 ) which over the last few months has had an increasing number of BSD's in conjunction with CRC errors when unrarring files. After running Memtest I discovered one of my 4 sticks of ram was faulty. I've removed the faulty ram and the system has worked perfectly ever since but I was wondering 2 things. Due to how this is a custom overclocked system will me removing the ram have an adverse effect on the overclock? And despite the system warranty being out of date is there a longer warranty on the RAM as I know many have lifetime guarantees? The make of the ram is Exceleram & it's a 4gb 1600mhz DDR3 stick.

My order/build number is likely to be in one of my previous posts so feel free to have a look should you need to.

Apologies if this is the wrong section on the forum to post this.

Manc

Removing the stick *shouldnt* affect the OC. In terms of warranty I should imagine you should still have some kind of warranty with it, even if its direct with the manufacturer. I'd say give aria a call (or pop in) and see what they say.
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

afaik removing the ram will not have an adverse issue with your oc. if anything it should allow you to reduce voltages and remain stable.

the ram should have a longer warranty period but the best bet to find out how to proceed is to phone customer service explaining the situation.
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

Comment

I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks for the advice.

Manc.

Comment

Working...
        X