• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc won't boot

Pc failed to start twice yesterday getting this error message *
    When you start Windows 7, you receive the following error message:

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required

Have inserted the windows disk and clicked repair but it says currupt any ideas on what needs to be done

Last Known Good Configuration?

Tried rolling back?

Bry.
    Gigabyte Z77X-D3H | i5 3570K| 16GB Mushkin Blackline | EVGA 580GTX

Comment

Yes have tried every option it gives with the windows disk but nothing seems to do anything

Added after 2 minutes:

Status reads oxc00001
      Last edited by whitehead85; 05-08-12, 14:39.

Comment

Found this:

To fix this issue, you will need to boot from the Windows Vista DVD. Follow these steps:
        1. Boot from the Windows Vista DVD or the Windows Vista recovery disc that was supplied with your computer by inserting it into the drive then restarting. (Note: if your system does not automatically boot from the Vista disc when it is inserted, you need to change the boot device in BIOS. To do this, boot from the installation disc, insert the disc, then restart, and while the computer is restarting, continually press the appropriate key [F12 on most systems, F1, F2, F10, the Delete (del) key or the Escape (ESC) key on others -- consult your user's manual or perform a Google search for your specific model] then select CD/DVD/CD-RW as the boot drive.)
        2. Choose your language settings and hit “Next”
        3. Click “Repair Your Computer” at the bottom of the screen. This will launch Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)
        4. Choose the installed OS to repair, and you will see a list of recovery tools.
        5. Open the command prompt
        6. Enter the following commands, pressing enter after each, to create a Manual System Restore (as discovered by Arun Kumar on the TechNet discussion boards):
          • cd windows\system32\config
          • ren default default.old
          • ren sam sam.old
          • ren security security.old
          • ren software software.old
          • ren system system.old
          • cd regback
          • copy default c:\windows\system32\config
          • copy sam c:\windows\system32\config
          • copy security c:\windows\system32\config
          • copy software c:\windows\system32\config
          • copy system c:\windows\system32\config

7. Restart your computer, this time booting from the hard disk.If the problem recurs, repeat the process.
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I have to command prompt opens it says x:\sources>

Comment

It's running chkdisk now my boot drive says fine but the harddrive has come up currpt, would thst stop it booting tho as the os is on the ssd ?

Comment

It now goes to boot from windows cd gets to the windows is starting the locks up tried repeatly to get onto it but nothing,

Comment

Take a look here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2004518

Comment

I cannot get that far it locks before gets to boot from cd etc

Comment

Same idea I had but he cannot get to the, press any key to boot cd message to install windows, I agree with, just make sure you only have the SSD connected up, but make sure it is on Sata 0 or 1 slot, you may have to format and re-install.

Comment

Hi,the drive is a 60 gb ocz petrol.
                      The pc came from aria with windows installed so I cannot comment on how it was installed, I cannot get to any screen ATM if I press f12 select boot from cd it loads the bar I the get the logo for windows is starting the aback screen,the hdd light is a solid red at this point and that's how it stays

Comment

Your HDD or SSD is solid red, only have the SSD connected and make sure it is on the 0/1 Sata on the board.

Comment

I have disconnected hdd and tried again But same result ssd is on on the 0

Comment

I don't think an awful lot of those SSDs to be honest. I had one which failed very quickly.
                            My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Sorted now then good luck.
                              Was going to suggest to just have the HDD conected this time and try again that would have ruled the SSD out.
                              Last edited by dav532000; 05-08-12, 19:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X