Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladiator Proteus Home Perform.... need cooler fan base plate

Gladiator Proteus Home Perform pc

The thermal paste on the cpu dried out - when I shifted the box from under my desk - the fan unit which is secured to the motherboard by a slim power cord came off and struck the black base plate (secured to MB by four screws) and by ill luck it struck the 'lug' on the base plate.

The 'lug' has broken off !!

Consequently I can not use the lock down clip to secure the fan unit to the cpu

How can I obtain a replacement as this spare does not feature in the extensive Aria listings

many thanks

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Gladiator Proteus Home Perform pc

The thermal paste on the cpu dried out - when I shifted the box from under my desk - the fan unit which is secured to the motherboard by a slim power cord came off and struck the black base plate (secured to MB by four screws) and by ill luck it struck the 'lug' on the base plate.

The 'lug' has broken off !!

Consequently I can not use the lock down clip to secure the fan unit to the cpu

How can I obtain a replacement as this spare does not feature in the extensive Aria listings

many thanks
    I can't tell exactly which cpu cooler you are talking about but here are the cpu coolers aria sell.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...ir/CPU+Coolers

Any idea what cooler it is that you have?

Comment

I believe the replacement part you need is an AM2 Backplate/fixing plate which is a replacement for the plastic section around the CPU that I think you're talking about.
      Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
      Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

post a picture of it and we will try to help.
        Thermaltake Element s - Q6600 @ 3.6ghz @ 1.48V - Corsair H50 - 6GB RAM - GTX260 192Core @ 729/1458/1224 - ATI 3450 - Biostar Tpower I45 - Corsair Force 60GB SSD - Samsung f3 500GB apps - Xigmatek 700W NRP-PC702 - 3x 17inch screens - windows 7 64bit

Comment

Broken backplate for heat sink

[IMG]c:brokenpc[/IMGP8647]

Comment

dude you need to host the pic on the forums via the add attachment bit as we cant access the files on your pc from here

as said it sounds very much like you have broke the retention clip off the bracket around the cpu socket which isnt part of any spares that come with a motherboard as they are pretty hard to break.

maybe one of the other guys has one spare they could send you if you got an image up to show us what it is
            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
            Plato

Comment

Working...
            X