Gladiator Hellscream Gaming PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladiator Hellscream Gaming PC

Hi, im looking for a good gaming PC and i was wondering if this computer is any good? like the price and stuff and to run games like crysis etc. also, is it good to overclock the CPU? i heard its bad but i really dont have a clue

Description:

FREE CPU Overclocking up to 4.60GHz*
    • Intel Core i7-2600K (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 560Ti 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • 4GB Mushkin Blackline #996659B (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24
    • 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive
    • ASUS P8Z68-V Intel Z68 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
    • 750W Corsair TX750 V2 ATX2.3 SLI/Crossfire Compliant Power Supply
    • Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower Chassis
    • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced CPU Cooler
    • Samsung S222AL SATA Lightscribe 22x DVDRW
    • Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
    • No Windows Opterating System

Price: 899.99 inc. VAT

https://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gamin...roductId=45679

thx, it would be much appreciated if i can have your opinions and thoughts on this as i might get this pretty soon.

regards,

-gundam-
    Last edited by gundam2; 12-09-11, 21:43.

That is a very good computer, you would have to put windows on yourself though

Comment

Overclocking is a good thing
      Aria will try there bestest to make it stable as well

That rig is good if you want someone to put it together for you and you don't know what you want. People will probably post suggestions of hardware here and you could get aria to make it for you if you want! 2600K ain't all that necessary for gaming, with a lot of people opting for a 2500k (me included!).

Comment

Originally posted by Pancake View Post
        That is a very good computer, you would have to put windows on yourself though
        Originally posted by msparsons View Post
        Overclocking is a good thing
        Aria will try there bestest to make it stable as well

That rig is good if you want someone to put it together for you and you don't know what you want. People will probably post suggestions of hardware here and you could get aria to make it for you if you want! 2600K ain't all that necessary for gaming, with a lot of people opting for a 2500k (me included!).

yh thx wud you have a choice if u want to overclock or not? because i might consider not overclocking since im seeng all these troubles and stuff ppl are having. also do u know the diff between a normal CPU compared to an overclocked one? like will there be a big performance change?

again thx and sorry for all the questions.. its just that i need the right information so im confident of buying this system

best regards,

-gundam-

edit: hey msparsons. why 2500K not 2600? is a 2500K better than a 2600K?
        Last edited by gundam2; 12-09-11, 22:39.

Comment

Pretty much only advantage of 2600k is hyperthreading, which not many programs utilise. 2500k is more than enough for gaming and could save you a lil

If you are really scared of overclocking you would probably get a 2500. It's only a little bit cheaper than the 2500k and you are missing out on a fair bit of cheap performance. Aria shouldn't damage anything with the overclock, so you can just remove it if you would feel more comfortable or you are having issues.

This might be more apropriate, but it depends if you want to do things other than gaming (Think getting aria to make it for you is 50)

Comment

Originally posted by msparsons View Post
            Pretty much only advantage of 2600k is hyperthreading, which not many programs utilise. 2500k is more than enough for gaming and could save you a lil

If you are really scared of overclocking you would probably get a 2500. It's only a little bit cheaper than the 2500k and you are missing out on a fair bit of cheap performance. Aria shouldn't damage anything with the overclock, so you can just remove it if you would feel more comfortable or you are having issues.

This might be more apropriate, but it depends if you want to do things other than gaming (Think getting aria to make it for you is 50)
            o ok. thx a lot for the information. even if i do buy this sytem, would it hurt if i do other things and game at the same time? or is a 2500k simply a bit better than 2600k? if so i might consider going with your build but ill tweak it a little

gundam

Comment

Truth be told the 2600k is the better cpu. It's clocked faster and has hyperthreading. The trouble is, for the extra cash it's just not worth it for 90% of builds unless they have specific apps installed that will take advantage of hyperthreading (3D design stuff mostly).

The money saved by dropping down to the 2500k would be much better spent on a better gpu or ssd

The system above is indeed a very good system. If you spec and build yourself you could probably get a slightly better spec rig, but with the above system you're getting it pre-built, pre-overclocked, stress tested and guaranteed

The choice is yours really
              Last edited by Spaceboy; 12-09-11, 23:08.
              --
              Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

thx for all the advice people. i decided to get the 899 helscream PC sometime soon since its an i7 and probably last longer, in years, than an i5. also im just gnna b safe and not overclock it. again thx every one

Comment

awwww i just chcked the system and was planning to buy it this weekend and now it said its discontinued does anyone know when it will be in stock again?

thx in adv

gundam

Comment

http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78917

Looks like you gotta get somethin else :/

Alternatively if you really wanted that build, buy all the components and let aria make it (don't bother with aftermarket cooler if you don't want the overclock)

Comment

i thought i would have to come to this well heres my build so far

Gaming PC 1 https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/_hRZrbknzIU0K7t1g6tKag,, (i7 with 1GB GPU)

Gaming PC 2 https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/WFdGpQ9VSmOVSu0wPqnb-w,, (i5 with 1.28GB GPU)

i was thinking of adding an extra 4GB ram maybe. is it possible or would it slow down my PC ?

Comment

Are you never going to overclock? If not then I would get a 2500 and not bother with the extra cooler (CPU comes with one). Alternatively get the 2500k and then at any point you can add a overclock and cooler for some extra performance! :S 560Ti is a great performance/price gpu. I would suggest 8gb of RAM and a 60/64gb SSD. If you plan to do much else apart from gaming then say, as it will change things!

Sent from my HTC Desire

Comment

2500k with the 570 should beat the 2600k with 560Ti when it comes to games
                          --
                          Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Nearly 1k including OS and it has a single GPU, albeit one that isn't suitable for a 1k price tag.

Comment

thx all i made up my mind. this is the final PC im going to get https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/_hRZrbknzIU0K7t1g6tKag,, (8gb ram, i7 and 1gb GPU (560ti) ) i do some video editting so its why im just gnna go for an i7.

hope fully it wont get sold out lol and i thank you all who has helped me decide and helped me out

going to order maybe this weekend or the nxt week. peace everyone and thx again.

gundam out

Comment

Working...
                              X