Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just seen this.
    http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...-Z-OC-question

It says to set the BCLK to 100.0MHz exactly to stop the double posts. I'm not sure if what my BCLK is set to but it's worth checking out tonight maybe.

Comment

According to that link it seems to cure it, but I'd be interested first to know what that setting is and if it causes any issues.

Comment

Hopefully someone from system build, or another experienced builder/overclocker can shed some light on the issue, and whether setting the BCLK to 100.0MHz would cause any issues.

Comment

Your BCLK is already at 100 but it might set to AUTO. Try changing it to 100 and see if it fixes the double POST.

Turbo Multiplier x BCLK = CPU speed - x46 x 100 = 4.6Ghz

Comment

Ahhh, thanks Gman, I'll check that out. Is the BCLK a bit like the old FSB then?

Comment

Originally posted by Richo View Post
              Hopefully someone from system build, or another experienced builder/overclocker can shed some light on the issue, and whether setting the BCLK to 100.0MHz would cause any issues.

my asus sabertooth does the double post once or twice a week and my bclk is 100 bang on. ITs just a feature mate dont think you'll get rid of it
              My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                my asus sabertooth does the double post once or twice a week and my bclk is 100 bang on. ITs just a feature mate dont think you'll get rid of it

Yeah, I just checked and my BCLK is 100.00 as well so it wasn't that anyway. It is strange though isn't it. It made my nearly poo my pants the first time it did it. I thought something serious had gone wrong

Comment

Yeah, BCLK is like the FSB on previous platforms but you can't adjust it too much without causing issues with SATA etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X