Help me choose.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose.

Hey all could any of you compare these systems for me and make a reccomendation: thx!

Gladiator infinity
    Intel Pentium G620 2.60GHz (Sandy Bridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
    ATI Radeon HD 6870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    8GB Mushkin Silverline #996770 (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9-24
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000524AS 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive
    MSI P67A-G45 Intel P67 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
    700W OCZ ModXStream Pro Modular Silent SLI/Crossfire Ready ATX2.2 Power Supply
    Antec 100 Black Midi Chassis
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler

or:Case: Antec 300 Case with Purple LED Fans
    - Power Supply: XFX 650W Pro Power supply
    - CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz @ 4.60GHz Sandybridge CPU
    - Motherboard: Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard ** B3 REVISION **
    - Cooler: Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
    - RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit w/ 8GB Option available
    - Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6GB/s
    - Graphics Card: Choice of DX11 Compatible Graphics Cards
    - Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
    - Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

Pros and Cons would be a huge plus!

Well the 2nd choice has a choice of GPU, is one a 6870 so it matches the 1st?

PSU in 2nd choice is better, and obviously the CPU is wayyyy better.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

The entire reasoning behind the Gladiator Infinity PC is that you're not necessarily getting the best performance right now for your money but that the PC is the simplest and easiest to upgrade in future.

You're getting a capable system that can be transformed into a rocket with only a couple of modifications (swap CPU, add 2nd GPU). It is aimed at people that can't afford an amazing rig right now, but want a reasonable PC in the meantime until they can afford to upgrade it.

Put it this way, if the PC you want would cost 1200, but you need something to tide you over until you can save up enough, then you would buy this for now then upgrade it later.
      The alternative would be to spend the money on a rig that would offer more performance now, but that you'd have to sell, or replace far more parts down the road to get the spec you want.

I hope that makes sense.

Basically when buying a PC you can get the best bang for buck now, but will cost more to upgrade OR you can get a bit less bang now but save bucks when it comes to upgrade time.
      The Infinity is aimed at the latter choice
      --
      Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

The second one is way better. Why? Because you're getting a CPU near the top of the range of the current gen (2500k). The other has a G620, which is bottom of the range.

However, bear in mind that 2500k one uses a watercooling solution. You may with to save a bit of money/effort going for an air-cooled one with less OC.

Comment

Originally posted by B68Baggie View Post
          Hey all could any of you compare these systems for me and make a reccomendation: thx!

Gladiator infinity
          Intel Pentium G620 2.60GHz (Sandy Bridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
          ATI Radeon HD 6870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
          8GB Mushkin Silverline #996770 (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9-24
          1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000524AS 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive
          MSI P67A-G45 Intel P67 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
          700W OCZ ModXStream Pro Modular Silent SLI/Crossfire Ready ATX2.2 Power Supply
          Antec 100 Black Midi Chassis
          Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler

or:Case: Antec 300 Case with Purple LED Fans
          - Power Supply: XFX 650W Pro Power supply
          - CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz @ 4.60GHz Sandybridge CPU
          - Motherboard: Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard ** B3 REVISION **
          - Cooler: Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
          - RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit w/ 8GB Option available
          - Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6GB/s
          - Graphics Card: Choice of DX11 Compatible Graphics Cards
          - Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
          - Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

Pros and Cons would be a huge plus!
          If you want an all out PC from the word go at the same price as the first PC, then go for..

http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming...roductId=45313

599 and it blows away the first PC and certainly the 2nd competitors PC.

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
          The entire reasoning behind the Gladiator Infinity PC is that you're not necessarily getting the best performance right now for your money but that the PC is the simplest and easiest to upgrade in future.

You're getting a capable system that can be transformed into a rocket with only a couple of modifications (swap CPU, add 2nd GPU). It is aimed at people that can't afford an amazing rig right now, but want a reasonable PC in the meantime until they can afford to upgrade it.

Put it this way, if the PC you want would cost 1200, but you need something to tide you over until you can save up enough, then you would buy this for now then upgrade it later.
          The alternative would be to spend the money on a rig that would offer more performance now, but that you'd have to sell, or replace far more parts down the road to get the spec you want.

I hope that makes sense.

Basically when buying a PC you can get the best bang for buck now, but will cost more to upgrade OR you can get a bit less bang now but save bucks when it comes to upgrade time.
          The Infinity is aimed at the latter choice
          This.
          TheOBLONG

Lian Li PC-V355A Silver w/ 2x Noctua NF-S12A FLX & 1x Noctua NF-R8 | i7-3930K OC @ 4.20GHz w/ Noctua NH-L12 | MSI X79MA-GD45 | MSI HAWK GTX 760 OC | 32GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1866MHz CL10 | 4x 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 460W Seasonic X-460FL Fanless| Sound Blaster Z | 450Mbps Dual Band Wi-Fi | Samsung Blu-ray | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Add my Steam: _rawz
          Add my Origin: RawZ050

Comment

If I were you I would like to put the i5 2500k into first choice! that 's for me

Comment

I have to add i had serious regrets after ordering the first of the 2, but in the end i think it was the better of the two deals, and im really suprised its playing most of the big releases without much lag and on pretty high res. I if you dont have the cash for a high end system but still want one, you really cant go wrong with some of aria's setups.

Hopefully i can get an i5 and an ssd amd a second gfx and my 600 machine would suddenly become a monster machine

Comment

I have to add i had serious regrets after ordering the first of the 2, but in the end i think it was the better of the two deals, and im really suprised its playing most of the big releases without much lag and on pretty high res. I if you dont have the cash for a high end system but still want one, you really cant go wrong with some of aria's setups.

Hopefully i can get an i5 and an ssd amd a second gfx and my 600 machine would suddenly become a monster machine
                Good to hear - very nice of you to post an update on this one
                --
                Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Good to hear you found a good build that suited your needs.
                  Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition CPU Cooler: Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom Graphics: PowerColor Radeon 6850 1024MB Motherboard: Asus M4A88T-M Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive PSU: Corsair TX650 Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Edition RAM: G.skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Display: AOC 917Sw 19"

Comment

Working...
                  X