Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aria's custom build service still available?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aria's custom build service still available?

Hi,
    I was just wondering if Aria still offers a custom build and overclock service for 49+VAT? It's just that the thread that was in the new build advice forum is gone.

I originally made a this thread requesting help speccing a system.
    http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57343

Everyone was great helping me and I feel bad as I never bought a system. Shortly after making the thread I suffered a very close family bereavement and I lost interest in pretty much everything. But I am looking a potential systems again.

Thanks in advance
    James

It certainly is, just give our sales team a call, we do this very regularly

Comment

Also probably worth starting a new thread... times change fast in the computer world
      --
      Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Thanks guys,
        I think I'll make a new thread in the new build advice forum once I have made a new wishlist

Comment

Sorry to hijack your thread with a question OP but I have been thinking about this for a while as well.

I have looked round your various competitors and I must say that one of them just doesn't do good builds and another one judging by a few reviews I have seen of them love to whack the voltage core over 1.4v.

Because of these observations I am seriously thinking about having yourselves do a custom build for myself. Am I right in thinking that you can do a build from scratch for a customer and not just based on changing a couple of things from your gaming pc's specs.

If this is so what also would be the chance of being able to source parts which are not listed on your site for a custom build.

Thanks
          2500K @ 4.5Ghz - 16GB Vengence LP - Asus P8Z68V Pro - Noctua NH-D14 - 2 x EVGA GTX580 - Intel 510 120GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB - Corsair AX1200 - Silverstone FT02BW

Comment

Originally posted by marv1 View Post
            Sorry to hijack your thread with a question OP but I have been thinking about this for a while as well.

I have looked round your various competitors and I must say that one of them just doesn't do good builds and another one judging by a few reviews I have seen of them love to whack the voltage core over 1.4v.

Because of these observations I am seriously thinking about having yourselves do a custom build for myself. Am I right in thinking that you can do a build from scratch for a customer and not just based on changing a couple of things from your gaming pc's specs.

If this is so what also would be the chance of being able to source parts which are not listed on your site for a custom build.

Thanks
            Completely custom build yes

Using parts from other sources? Wouldn't like to say (I don't work for Aria in any way), I'd suggest talking to Sales and asking If you're local they may let you drop off bits for the build without knowing where they came from
            --
            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
              Completely custom build yes

Using parts from other sources? Wouldn't like to say (I don't work for Aria in any way), I'd suggest talking to Sales and asking If you're local they may let you drop off bits for the build without knowing where they came from
              Pity I'm not local, the only thing which I would like sourced is a Silverstone FT02B case. Will have to give them a call on monday and see if they can work any magic.

Another question for you Spaceboy if I can as it seems you are in the know on these things. I am also looking at getting the Dell U2711 from Aria now can GTX580 1.5GB in SLI drive it easily or would I need to see about upping them to 3GB cards?
              Last edited by marv1; 24-06-11, 18:08.
              2500K @ 4.5Ghz - 16GB Vengence LP - Asus P8Z68V Pro - Noctua NH-D14 - 2 x EVGA GTX580 - Intel 510 120GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB - Corsair AX1200 - Silverstone FT02BW

Comment

That, my friend, is a luvverly screen

As for powering it? No idea really, depends what you're doing with it If it's playing the latest games at max detail / very high res, then maybe. Better off posting the question as a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum
                --

Comment

Thanks
                  There are things they use on their custom builds which you can't buy separately other than in the build. Best thing to do would be to email sales and they will come back to you usually within a day. They built my custom PC and it rocks!

Comment

Pity I'm not local, the only thing which I would like sourced is a Silverstone FT02B case. Will have to give them a call on monday and see if they can work any magic.
                    did you manager to get the case? in the same boat kinda, well different case, same make , aswell as a better Asus Soundcard.

Comment

I emailed sales yesterday day asking for a Custom build and as of yet have not heard back? I am guessing they are waiting for a tech to spec things up?

Comment

Give them a chance mate, it took almost 24 hours for my first response, which given a busy company is fair enough.

Comment

Fair enough its just now ive made the decision to spend I want my new toy.

Comment

8 days since I ordered I keep refreshing the inbox looking for the dispatch notification - Aria are still within their 10 days but the waiting is killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by TC27 View Post
                              8 days since I ordered I keep refreshing the inbox looking for the dispatch notification - Aria are still within their 10 days but the waiting is killing me.
                              I ordered mine on the 1st of August and have heard nothing as yet, so I wouldn't get your hopes up on the 10 days thing. I think they must be under staffed at the moment or something, it is summer so many people maybe on holiday.

Comment

Working...
                              X