Clear All

False!

Comment

this is TRUE!

Comment

TRUE lol

Comment

False

but he had snipped pins off to make it fit properly..

Comment

True

Comment

Closed!

the answer is of course....

false!

I made this one up, so you can blame me

Comment

Woot, although some guy at work put AS5 in a 775 socket because he thought he needed it there to connect them

Comment

Alex24 emerges victorious!

Background for those who are interested... this was based on a true story where the customer had poured thermal paste all over the cpu and let it dribble over the cpu socket and motherboard. It looked like some sort of ice cream sundae.. the RMA was refused

Comment

Originally posted by I3r0k3N7FEET View Post
                    im gonna go with false...

while it sounds like something someone would do i think this is a bout of what has happened before but not this weekend ;D
                    i was rrright

Comment

• Originally posted by Robin View Post
                      Alex24 emerges victorious!

Background for those who are interested... this was based on a true story where the customer had poured thermal paste all over the cpu and let it dribble over the cpu socket and motherboard. It looked like some sort of ice cream sundae.. the RMA was refused
                      Awesome, this will make a perfect gift for my family, thank you! I think it's the 3rd competition I've got the right answer in (missed out the other two times unfortunately).

Initially I wanted to say true, I think many people on here have seen this first hand (or worse, done it themselves!). I've seen it a couple of times in the last 7 years or so of part time home PC repair work I do. Perhaps not a whole tube, but I've seen it smeared in all sorts of places it shouldn't be. Around the CPU socket, that is. Often the persons machine is overheating, or more commonly, just not booting. Your customer must have felt pretty silly after that.

Shall I PM you Robin with my details?

Comment

• congrats alex

"Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary"
                        - EPIC EULA M$ !...... thanks, but no thanks! - GWX Control Panel

Comment

• aye PM me

Comment

• Sheesh!... I'm glad I'm not actually from this planet, Human Beings are dumb as !

Congratzi Alex
                            Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

• From the stuff people have done and took back to you, I'm surprised this is false! Well done Alwex24.
                              Q6600 @ 2.4GHz - 4GB 800MHz DDR2 - ATI HD 4850 1GB - Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X