• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***CLOSED*** Thursday Afternoon Competition * Winner * Clemos *

Afternoon everyone,

A legend passed away today - Tony Curtis

I am a big Spartacus fan, so:

1. Who did Tony Curtis play and,
    2. What controversial scene was initially cut out of the film, but restored in 1991?
    3. Of course, the tie breaker - why was Tony Curtis so cool?

Answers in by 10pm for one of these:
    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=34353

1. Antoninus
    2. bath scene in which the Roman patrician and general Crassus (Olivier) attempts to seduce his slave Antoninus using the analogy of "eating oysters" and "eating snails" to express his opinion that sexual preference is a matter of taste rather than morality.
    3. because he was a fabulous actor and brought life to many roles over his time.

Comment

Antoninus
      a gory battle scene was cut but finally added back in

tony curtis is cool be cause he got it on with marylin monroe ;D

Comment

it turns out there were 5 scenes that were cut :/ and restored in the 1991 version :/

Comment

1. Who did Tony Curtis play and, Antoninus
          2. What controversial scene was initially cut out of the film, but restored in 1991? a bath scene in which the Roman patrician and general Crassus attempts to seduce his slave Antoninus using the analogy of "eating oysters" and "eating snails" to express his opinion that sexual preference is a matter of taste rather than morality.
          3. Of course, the tie breaker - why was Tony Curtis so cool? << Need i say anything?
          27" iMac : i5 3470 / GTX 680MX / 24GB Ram / OSX & Windows 7 x64​ / 1Tb Hybrid Drive
          HTPC / Server : Intel Pentium G2020, MSI H61M-P20, 4GB Corsair XMS3, Corsair CX430, 4TB WD Greens.
          Laptop : 15" Packard Bell PEW91 with 120GB SSD /Phone : iPhone 6

Comment

1. Who did Tony Curtis play and, Antoninus
            2. What controversial scene was initially cut out of the film, but restored in 1991? a bath scene in which the Roman patrician and general Crassus attempts to seduce his slave Antoninus using the analogy of "eating oysters" and "eating snails" to express his opinion that sexual preference is a matter of taste rather than morality.
            3. Of course, the tie breaker he had not say much

Comment

1. Antoninus
              2. the snails and oysters scene,
              3. He was so cool because...he was Tony Curtis, what more can you say!!

Silverstone Fortress, cm v850w, Intel Core i5-4690k, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5, 8GB mushkin silverline, Be quiet Dark Rock advanced, Evga GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0, 240gb Sandisk extreme pro, 500gb WD Caviar black, 500gb green, Pioneer Blu-Ray. Windows 7.

Comment

1) Antoninus
                2) That'd be the oysters n snails scene, alluding to swinging both ways
                3) He rose from nothing, the son of immigrants to become a worldwide household name with a fabulous talent. Plus he made dressing like a woman more acceptable albeit in a comic role (and no, my mrs clothes dont fit me)
                Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

1. Antoninus
                  2. The 1967 release had 23 minutes removed from it's 1960 release. The 1991 version had that added plus an additional 14 minutes that had been cut from the original release. These included several battle scenes plus the infamous bath scene in which the Roman patrician and general Crassus attempts to seduce his slave Antoninus using the analogy of "eating oysters" and "eating snails" to express his opinion that sexual preference is a matter of taste rather than morality.

3. He was cool simply because of his remarkable range of acting skills. Acting in over 100 films plus further television series, he's played roles from slaves to serial killers, comedic as well as series roles. In fact he was the highest grossing star at the box office through out the 1950s. The term 'legend' is thrown about too easily these days, but Tony Curtis was a true 'LEGEND'.

Comment

1. Antoninus
                    2. the snails and oysters scene,
                    3. He was so cool cause he got down and jiggy with M Monroe, and he said on TV I think it was Jonathan Ross about how he got excited while filming a steamy scene and she just smiled!

Comment

1. He played Antoninus

2. a bath scene in which the Roman patrician and general Crassus attempts to seduce his slave Antoninus using the analogy of "eating oysters" and "eating snails" to express his opinion that sexual preference is a matter of taste rather than morality.

3. He was so cool because.....He was a brilliant actor starring in many films such as Spartacus, some like it hot & The Vikings (Hey I like it). He was also the Father of Jamie Lee.......raaaawr.
                      Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

1.Antoninnus
                        2. several battle scenes and the bath scene.
                        3.he was cool because he was a fantastic actor who played in some classic films with a career lasting over 50 years.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

1. Antoninus

2. a bath scene in which the Roman patrician and general Crassus attempts to seduce his slave Antoninus using the analogy of "eating oysters" and "eating snails" to express his opinion that sexual preference is a matter of taste rather than morality.

3. He's cool because he's managed to be in over 40 films and I've never seen a single one of them. That is quite an achievement if you know how many films I watch
                          Intel Core i3 330m @ 2.13GHz, ATi Radeon Mobility 5650, 4GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066MHz 7-7-7-20, 60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe SSD, 320GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 15.6" Monitor 1366x768

Comment

1. Antoninus
                            2. the snails and oysters scene
                            3. He was so cool because he was even parodied in the flinstones as Stony Curtis.

Comment

1.Antoninnus
                              2. some battle scenes and a bit of fun in the bath.
                              3. Come on one man fighting his way through Rome with only a sword, i mean how cool can you get.
                              *chinck* *chinck* *shhhhiing* *UGHHHH* *ARRRR* ...
                              Thermaltake Element s - Q6600 @ 3.6ghz @ 1.48V - Corsair H50 - 6GB RAM - GTX260 192Core @ 729/1458/1224 - ATI 3450 - Biostar Tpower I45 - Corsair Force 60GB SSD - Samsung f3 500GB apps - Xigmatek 700W NRP-PC702 - 3x 17inch screens - windows 7 64bit

Comment

Working...
                              X