X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***CLOSED*** Thursday Morning Competition **Winner Aspdend **

Morning!

Bright and breezy this morning!

1. What comic book antihero has been given a second chance at being made into a film after a first disastrous attempt by Sylvester Stallone?
    2. Who is playing the man himself?
    3. Tie Breaker - why was the first film so bad?

Prize is one of these:
    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=40501

Answers in by 2pm!

1. Judge Dredd
    2. Karl Urban
    3. Because Dredd takes his helmet off within the first 15 mins of the film - which he NEVER did in the comics, and Rob Schneider's awful one liners added an extra level of cheese which knocked it over the edge.
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

15 views and I was the first to post?

come on people - where is your movie knowledge!
      i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

I have no use for the prize, so passing this one by
        --
        Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

1. Judge Dredd
          2. Karl Urban
          3. Judge Dredd Removes his helmet within the first 15 minutes, and Schneider is a misjudged comedy sidekick, he isn't used well and just gets in the way.

Main: Crucial C300 64GB | Phenom II 965 @ 4.0 | 8GB | MSI HD6870 | M4A89GTD USB3 | Xonar DS | VE278Q
          Secondary: Fractal Core 1000 | x2 250 | GTX460 | 2GB | 760GM |
          Server:
          Server 2008 R2 | E6750 | 2GB | 1.5tb
          Bikes: Zesty 314 2012 | Latitude 853 | Tarmac Elite 2012

Comment

1. Judge Dredd
            2. Karl Urban
            3. Agree about the helmet coming off, and should have been a brit actor, hang on a minute I think they've made the same mistake again...

Comment

1. judge dredd
              2.Karl Urban
              3.The man of mystery stayed mysterious for all of 5 mins oh and Sly cant act.
              Everythings broke once i've fixed it.

Comment

Judge Dredd

Karl Urban

The first film was bad for many reasons;

1. No hot chicks, unless your my dad and fancy Diane Lane.
                2. Rob Schneider
                3. It was classic 1990's comic book camp as a pink row of tents, its wrist was limper than Arnie in batman.
                4. In 2000AD and in his own comic Judge Dredd is a merciless unforgiving ninja of a cop, not a fat ex-boxer.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

1. Judge Dredd
                  2. Karl Urban
                  3. This film, and its generally poor reception is a good example of what happens when huge marketing mistakes are made. Take a look at the cover of the DVD package: "Stallone: Judge Dredd". The film should have been titled "Judge Dredd" - even in the packaging - and the emphasis for the marketing of this film should have been less Stallone, more content. On the flip-side, when the most consistent complaint you can find is "HE TOOK OFF HIS HELMET!", you really have to wonder if the film is quite as bad as so many believe, as i thought it was alright.
                  5GHZ!

we are one.

Comment

1) Judge Dredd
                    2) Karl Urban
                    3) Why was it so poor? Stallone? Check. Poor script? Check. Misses the point from the comic? Check.
                    ----------------------------------------------------
                    - Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz - AsRock Z68 Extreme4 - 8GB G.Skill RipjawsX PC12800 CL8 1.5v - 2 x AMD HD6950@70 2GB 840/1250 - OCZ Vertex 2E SSD 60GB - Samsung F3 500GB - Silverstone FT-02W - Windows 7 X64 - Logitech G510 Keyboard - Logitech G500 Mouse
                    ----------------------------------------------------

Comment

1. Judge Dredd
                      2. Karl Urban
                      3. Stallone as Dredd 'acting' lines like "Emotions... there ought to be a law against them..." with Stallone in the film, there might as well be!
                      720BE; GA MA790FXT-UD5P; 8Gb Mushkin silver; Sapphire 6950 (unlocked to 6970); TX850; 120Gb Mushkin Chronos; 8Tb HDD; 24" Ilyama Prolite; SteelSeries Ikari Laser; Saitek Eclipse II; FD Define XL

Comment

1. Judge Dredd
                        2. Karl Urban
                        3. This film was awesome because it had the Lawgiver (double whaammmyyy), Lawriders (hover bikes ftw) and also scary sand people. What more could you ask for?
                        Rubber Ducks Airsoft

Comment

The only good points of the film are the Lawgiver scenes and the Rusty Robot

Comment

1. Judge dredd

2.Karl Urban

3.I quite liked the film to be honest so I'm gonna say it was soooooo bad it was good!

And this prize would be cool for my Mrs she just got a nice white notebook so I will donate the prize to her I'd I win
                            Fractal Designs Define XL; Intel i5 2500k; Antec Kuhler 920; 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz RAM; XFX HD5850;
                            Corsair TX750M PSU; ASRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3; Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD; Intel 320 120GB SSD; 2 x Samsung 1TB
                            & Loving it

Comment

1. Judge Dredd
                              2. Karl Urban
                              2. Where was Walter? The Helmet thing, Stallone made too many changes to the script alienating the writer, to make matters worse Stallone had never heard of Judge Dredd before being offered the film!
                              I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                              X