• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***CLOSED*** Wednesday Afternoon Competition **winner Clunk**

Afternoon all.
    Been having golf lessons today! My swing needs more work

one of these available for this afternoon:

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards/ATI+4000+Series/Sapphire+ATI+Radeon+HD+4350+512MB+DDR2+PCI-E+Graphics+Card+Low+Profile+?productId=40317

1. Who has decided to re-release his film saga in 3D this week?

2. The tie breaker - is this a bad idea or a good one?

Answers in by 10pm!

1. starwars

2. lightsaber fights will look excellent in 3d so its a good idea.
    i7 4770k-- msi GD65 Z87-- MSI GTX 1080 TI-- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz--corsair H80i--intel 330 180GB-- Samsung 830 130GB-- Samsung Evo 850-- Corsair RM 750W-- Asus Xonar D2X-- Razor Deathadder-- Razor Black Widow ultimate-- Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II-- Corsair Air 540--LG 27EA63VP 27" LED IPS- Tegra note 7- Asus Vivotab me400.

Comment

George Lucas
      Financially good for the future.
      Only new and devoted fans will go to watch them if they've already seen them.
      I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
      Dave Burnett

Comment

Sorry 1. should be george lucus.
        i7 4770k-- msi GD65 Z87-- MSI GTX 1080 TI-- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz--corsair H80i--intel 330 180GB-- Samsung 830 130GB-- Samsung Evo 850-- Corsair RM 750W-- Asus Xonar D2X-- Razor Deathadder-- Razor Black Widow ultimate-- Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II-- Corsair Air 540--LG 27EA63VP 27" LED IPS- Tegra note 7- Asus Vivotab me400.

Comment

George Lucas has announced the release of the starwars films in 3d.

Personally i think it is a bad idea as they weren't filmed specifically for 3d so they will only be a "hash up".
          Laptop: i7-3610QM~16GB~GT635M
          Gamer: i7 3820 @ 4.4Ghz~MSI X79A-GD65~16GB Redline 2133~HIS R290(X)~TT A90~CM SILENT PRO 1000w~U2713HM.
          Canon 5D Mk3 16-35 F4L / 24-105L / 180mmL / 70-200 2.8L IS II / Sigma 50mm f1.4DG / Sigma 150-600 Sport / 2x 430EXii (Me on 500px)

Comment

George Lucas

It's a cash-in if ever I seen one! Kerchinggg!
            Rubber Ducks Airsoft

Comment

George Lucas

Bad idea because those of us with only one working eye will resent him more, as we cant see 3D
              Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

1) George Lucas
                2) BAD idea : Due to the originals being shot in 2D, it'll be a conversion and therefore won't look as good as "proper" 3D. Also, he's releasing episode 1 first which is far from the best film (some say it's the worst of the 6), so if people are put off watching that due to the content he won't release any of the other 5 in 3D. He'd be better off releasing episode 4 first as it'll draw in more crowds/punters.
                --
                Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

George Lucas - Star Wars

Tie breaker
                  good idea as the first three films are so good and they will be even better in processed 3D
                  bad idea as nobody deserves to see jar-jar binks in 3D...
                  720BE; GA MA790FXT-UD5P; 8Gb Mushkin silver; Sapphire 6950 (unlocked to 6970); TX850; 120Gb Mushkin Chronos; 8Tb HDD; 24" Ilyama Prolite; SteelSeries Ikari Laser; Saitek Eclipse II; FD Define XL

Comment

George Lucas - Star Wars films...

REALLY BAD Idea - they just keep getting worse on each re-release...
                    PC SPECS - Too many to list...

Orange San Francisco Member #6

Comment

[1] No idea.
                      [2] Still the same answer - no idea.

Comment

The answer is
                        1. George Lucas
                        2.Really good idea.

Comment

1. George Lucas

2. As much as I would love to see the Deathstar run from New Hope, the Battle of Hoth from Empire, and the Endor speederbike chase from ROTJ in gloriously rehashed 3D and feel like a kid again, I would still have to say this is a bad idea. People were tired by the end of the prequels, after he had already done the original trilogy special editions - the general reception will be that he has overmilked the whole thing. Do something new and original with the Star Wars universe, George - there are plenty of other stories to work from - do some of them in 3D if you like.

Comment

1. george "never one to miss the latest fad to cash in on" lucas

2. good for his wallet and for the starwars fans I guess, though personally I could not care less as I have quite remarkably managed to avoid watching any starwars film in its entirety a fact which I'm quite pleased with and has absolutely nothing to do with having starwars based nightmares when i was young

Comment

George Lucas and the Star Wars films

It could be awesome if its done well.. Flying along the edge of the DeathStar in big screen good 3d would be amazing, along with the lightsabres, pod racing and just generally the whole scenery... However, it could also be awful, with things going from being semi believable, to looking like they were cut and pasted in at a later date...

So my vote on Good/Bad would be.... We'll have to wait and see....

Originally posted by coiler
                              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
                              X