Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***CLOSED*** Thursday Afternoon Competition * Winner * mark22 *

Quick start for this afternoon:

It seems everyone enjoyed the earlier competition so here is another one... I have interrogated the Tech team for some info

We got a motherboard back.... Upon inspection the chipset heatpipes had been cut off with a pair of pliers. When questioned, what reason did the customer give for doing this?

a) they were in the way.
    b) thought they were unnecessary.
    c) they were too hot so it would be better to get rid of them.
    d) thought you were supposed to do that as it looked like a model kit.

Prize is one of these:
    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=41312

Answers in by 10pm!

C sounds like a good idea, lol.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Lol nothing suprises me it has to be A.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

i'd say c lol

but all make me chuckle
        Sorry, but patience has never been our strongest virtue.
        i5 2500k
        | H80 | Gigabyte UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaw 2x (4gb) | 1tb WD HHD | 1tb Samsung f3 | 2tb Seagate Green (Game Drive) | 256 M4 SSD | Sapphire 6950 | Fracture R3 Black

Comment

D seems to be the most logical thing to do and why wouldn't you, whats so wrong with doing that?

Comment

The Answer Is C

Comment

I really want it to be C!

i7 4960X, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus Sabertooth x79, Sapphire 290 4gb, Win10 pro 64.

Comment

I'll go with C
                fd photography | XBL: FinalD | DA

Comment

id say "D" lol

Comment

I will go for B why no one has said it

Comment

i'd go with a
                      CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Comment

d) thought you were supposed to do that as it looked like a model kit!

Comment

c) they were too hot so it would be better to get rid of them.

they are all plausible so im guessing this one
                          AMD Phenom][ X4 955, 4 gb pc3 12800, 1gb 5870, Kone v2,24 inch LED 2ms @1920 x 1080

Comment

hahaha! What a great prize for this question! Y'know, I might have to remove my Fenrir and purchase a smaller cooler so I can use my RAM properly again.

Anyway, this one is slightly harder than the previous comp because there are two likely answers, A or C.

I'm going to go with A, because it's the sort of thing my brother would do.

You can only really expect a company to honour a return request if the product returned is still in original condition. Or at least in its original shape/pieces!

But if I'm right and Excel picks me, let someone else have it. I'm only entering for fun to see if I'd get it right.

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Comment

C is my guess
                              --
                              Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Working...
                              X