Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday Afternoon Competition * Winner David84 *

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Robin View Post
    PM me your details... and if anyone's prize is a bit late - let me know and I will chase it up
    I dont think I ever got my i7 980 or my Asus Rampage Extreme x58. Can you send them please Robin?
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?


    Comment


    • Well done dave
      8gb Geil BlackDragon RAM | Radeon 7850 2GB | i7 860 @2.8ghz | ASUS Maximus III Extreme

      Comment


      • see i tried this with hand up in the air or extended and no car unlock, put it to my chin/head and it worked.

        Tried it lower to the floor and no unlock, put it to my head/chin and again it worked.
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

        Comment


        • Originally posted by coiler View Post
          see i tried this with hand up in the air or extended and no car unlock, put it to my chin/head and it worked.

          Tried it lower to the floor and no unlock, put it to my head/chin and again it worked.
          PMSL can just see you in the car park waving your hands about and then pushing the vw badge on the fob to your chin so hard you end up with it imprinted on your chin...

          Coiler still trying to unlock his car.....
          <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sibeer View Post
            If your body acts as an antenna it doesn't have to amplify anything to increase distance reached. For instance I can put a bigger satellite on my house and pick up more distant signals with no increase in power to the LNB. That said I agreed with your post too that holding the thing in the air is probably helping too
            I don't know the answer to this, but I'm actually inclined to agree with El Wayneo..

            Putting a bigger dish on your satellite just increases the amount of things the dish can collect and put into the LNB. Its like using a bigger spoon to put sugar in a coffee. You can use a bigger spoon to collect more sugar without increasing anything to do with the coffee cup - and you still end up with more sugar going in.

            However, to transmit something over a bigger distance under all the same conditions, you need to amplify it...

            I don't know the answer, but I'm just trying to say you can't compare a passive receiver to something that actively transmits



            Originally posted by coiler
            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              I don't know the answer to this, but I'm actually inclined to agree with El Wayneo..

              Putting a bigger dish on your satellite just increases the amount of things the dish can collect and put into the LNB. Its like using a bigger spoon to put sugar in a coffee. You can use a bigger spoon to collect more sugar without increasing anything to do with the coffee cup - and you still end up with more sugar going in.

              However, to transmit something over a bigger distance under all the same conditions, you need to amplify it...

              I don't know the answer, but I'm just trying to say you can't compare a passive receiver to something that actively transmits
              yeah you think well tell that to the key fob as it does work
              Intel Core i3 3240¦ Asrock z75 pro-3¦ 8GB's Mushkin Blackline LV¦ Asus GTX550 TI¦ 600W Be Quiet¦ Noctua NH-U12P¦ 1920x1080 BenQ G2222HDL¦ OCZ Agility 3 60GB¦ Lian-Li P50 Armorsuit¦

              Comment




              • I didn't say it DIDN'T work, as it clearly does.. I even do it myself!

                My point was that that you can't compare a passive receiver to an active transmitter, as I said at the end of my post..



                Originally posted by coiler
                Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Aaron View Post


                  I didn't say it DIDN'T work, as it clearly does.. I even do it myself!

                  My point was that that you can't compare a passive receiver to an active transmitter, as I said at the end of my post..
                  lol lack of grammar and a missing word made my post come over all arrogant sorry about that
                  Intel Core i3 3240¦ Asrock z75 pro-3¦ 8GB's Mushkin Blackline LV¦ Asus GTX550 TI¦ 600W Be Quiet¦ Noctua NH-U12P¦ 1920x1080 BenQ G2222HDL¦ OCZ Agility 3 60GB¦ Lian-Li P50 Armorsuit¦

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by David84 View Post
                    lol lack of grammar and a missing word made my post come over all arrogant sorry about that
                    no probs.... I always find that reading text always comes over far worse So if something can be taken in 2 ways, I try and take it in the better way to start with!



                    Originally posted by coiler
                    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X