This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum permissions

A simple forum permissions is in place for this newly added forum.

Admins, Super Moderators, Moderators and Aria Staff can start a new thread.

All other active usergroups may then reply to the thread.

Competition threads will be closed shortly after the winner is announced.

This forum also makes use of the "Thread Prefix" in the forums software to bring to your attention the current state of the competition.
    ***OPEN***
    and
    ***CLOSED***

**Stickied**
    Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
    Forum Guidelines here

Surely better to close after winners have acknowledged/thanked?
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

yeah to agree yesterday I was gutted not to have got the chance to say thanks for my prize till wonderlust reopened it for me

Comment

they will remain open until the winners have aknowledged.
        I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

"shortly" = an undefined value of time Mods then have a flexibility to close when they feel it is correct to do so.

Leaving the operational stuff to our two Competition Moderators as much as possible.

DT.
          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

more information added to original post about the new thread prefixes to assist with determination of a competition status.

DT.
            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

So what happens if a normal forum member wants to run a comp? Do they have to ask permission first?
              Q6600 @ 2.4GHz - 4GB 800MHz DDR2 - ATI HD 4850 1GB - Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by clemos View Post
                So what happens if a normal forum member wants to run a comp? Do they have to ask permission first?
                a good question, that I think you've answered yourself.

My reasoning for the permissions is based on experience of forums over many years. A forum dedicated to competitions will result in a mass of spam bots attempting to register and post threads. Secondly, I have seen competitions where the poster changes heart, and all of a sudden has a use for whatever the offer was. There needs to be a way to monitor that and I think our two dedicated competition moderators are more than capable of providing the necessary protection to the users.

It does mean more work for the moderators, but overall, it's a protection mechanism.

DT.
                Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Makes perfect sense.
                  Q6600 @ 2.4GHz - 4GB 800MHz DDR2 - ATI HD 4850 1GB - Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Nice adjustment making a competition subsection....there's so many competitions on now cluttering the "Announcements" section it's now easier for me to ignore the competition threads when I want to.
                    Big Sig's Ruin Forums.

Comment

To make the competitions easier to manage and to stop the possibility of cheating the posts are no longer editable.

So be careful when making your post as you will no longer be able to change it.
                      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

~I was wondering why my late change didn't make me win the last one ;P

I need to edit that post........ TYPO!

Comment

i thinkl its great idea changin it so that if you put a answer that is it it shows that you shud spend time a think serious before posting anything

Comment

who do i speak to about a user comp?
                            Incoming: Ryzen 5 1600:: GA-AB350-Gaming 3:: <some other stuff>
                            Outgoing: BLACK 'n' BLUE: X3360:: P5Q-E::4GB Ballistix::2x6850::Zalman GS1000 Plus case

Comment

pm myself
                              Originally posted by Aaron
                              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Working...
                              X